Skillful Premises Liability Defense
For property owners and the insurance companies that provide coverage for injuries that happen on their property, our attorneys can provide the skilled defense necessary to prevent unnecessary exposure to liability. We represent retail store owners, apartment building owners, commercial property owners and any other type of property owner facing potential liability for an injury that happened on their property.
An effective defense against a premises liability claim looks at a number of questions:
- Was there an actual defect that caused the injury? — We will investigate whether a defect actually existed and whether that defect was the cause of the plaintiff’s injuries.
- Was there notice of the defect? — Did our client know there was a defect? Was there time to correct the defect before the injury happened?
- Was there any actual damage? — Was the plaintiff actually injured on-site? What was the extent of the injury? Did any pre-existing condition affect the extent of the injury?
- Is the property lease structured favorably for our client? — Many of our clients are lessees or lessors of commercial properties. We will examine the lease for potential indemnification.
We defend against a range of premises liability and property negligence claims, including:
- Slip and fall/trip and fall
- Negligent security/assault
- Toxic exposure
- Injuries in retail stores
- Accidents resulting from alcohol/dram shop liability
- Injuries in condominiums and apartment buildings
If you need help with a premises liability claim, contact our firm immediately to schedule a free consultation with a qualified liability defense lawyer. Call us at 718-619-4601.
More Than 60 Years Of Experience Fighting Liability And Medical Causation
At The Law Firm of Connors & Connors, P.C., we are committed to providing property owners and the insurers who cover them with highly effective defense against premises liability claims. For decades, we have focused our firm’s practice on defending our clients against liability for accidents and reducing damages when necessary.
When a clear victory is not possible, we can often uncover medical evidence that calls the plaintiff’s injuries into question. Over the course of those decades, we have built a strong reputation for being able to deliver the results our clients need in the state and federal courts. That reputation has helped our attorneys achieve the highest AV* Preeminent rating from Martindale-Hubbell’s peer review rating system.
Get Help With Your Claim Today
We have the experience and knowledge to help protect you from exposure to premises liability. To schedule a consultation with a skilled liability defense attorney, call our Staten Island office at 718-619-4601 or contact us online.
*AV®, BV®, AV Preeminent® and BV Distinguished® are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general practice standards.